The following is a message from the Texas Bar Foundation:
The Texas Bar Foundation is calling for entries for the 2017 Award Program! The Texas Bar Foundation award categories include:
- Outstanding 50 Year Lawyer Award recognizes an attorney whose practice spans 50 years or more and adheres to the highest principles and traditions of the legal profession and service to the public.
- Dan Rugeley Price Memorial Award recognizes an attorney who is an accomplished legal writer and researcher.
- Lola Wright Foundation Award is given to an attorney who exemplifies the highest standards of legal ethics.
- Outstanding Law Review Article Award which honors a law review article published by one of the Texas law schools.
- Ronald D. Secrest Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award is awarded to an attorney who has demonstrated high ethical and moral standards and has demonstrated exceptional professional conduct, thus enhancing the image of the trial lawyer.
- Samuel Pessarra Outstanding Jurist Award is given to an active current Federal or State judge who has served on the bench for a minimum of 10 years and exhibits an exceptionally outstanding reputation for competency, efficiency, and integrity.
- Gregory S. Coleman Outstanding Appellate Lawyer Award recognizes an attorney who exhibits an outstanding appellate practice and strong moral compass while maintaining a strong commitment to providing legal services for the underserved and mentoring of young lawyers.
- Terry Lee Grantham Memorial Award is awarded to an accomplished, talented, and dedicated Texas lawyer who is a servant of the profession and a dedicated advocate.
The deadline for submission is January 15, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. in the Texas Bar Foundation office.
Texas Bar Foundation 515 Congress Ave., Ste. 1755 Austin, TX 78701
Phone: (512) 480-8000 | Fax: (512) 480-8005 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org